Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4 - Babywearing

I love to wear my babies. Besides the benefits of babywearing to the baby, I find that wearing my babies and toddlers makes life easier for all of us. Luckily, my family enables my collection of cute carriers! My mom made me the pretty yellow sling that I wore to Lauren's wedding yesterday, and Miriam brought me this beautiful piece of cloth from her trip to Morocco last month. It's probably intended to be a tablecloth or a bedspread, but it also makes a gorgeous baby carrier!

We went swimming at the Darrahs' house this afternoon. I grew up spending many summer days in their pool, and I love that my kids can have the same experience when they visit my parents in Tennessee. This was Lucy's first pool outing.

My mom also made me a mesh water sling, so that I can take the baby in the water and have free hands for Nellie wrangling. Lucy thought it was fun to splash the water, and she also thinks the plastic rings are delicious.

Add ImageThis evening my high school friend Amy came over with her three sweet children to try on some slings and carriers. It was such a treat to reconnect with her. Two of our children are very close in age, and we have a lot in common.

And speaking of old friends: On this day in 2006, Shara, Olivia, Molly and I threw a baby shower for Misty at her house in Lexington, Kentucky.

On this day in 2009, my mom was visiting. The girls have been loving story time with Goggy for years now!

In 2010, we went to Fernbank, the natural history museum with Taryn and Monique. Here's a shot of the kids working on a craft project. Konner is so sweet sleeping on Taryn.

These two have changed the most in the past year. They were just cute little two-year olds then!

After the museum, we went to Piedmont Park to play. Here the kids are admiring little Baby Konner who was 5 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment