Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28 - The Last Swim Meet

I'd like to say the end of swim season is bittersweet, but I can't. We're all done and ready for some unstructured summer fun. Tonight was Lila's last meet, and Miriam and Ewan came to watch her swim. Here we are waiting for the meet to start. I'm sporting a new ring sling made out of a super lightweight open-weave linen. Courtesy of my mom, of course.

The swimmer with Aunt Mimi, Ewan, Goggy and a ticked off Nellie.

I always try to get a shot of all the grandkids together. It never goes well.

Goggy and Lucy.

Touching the wall for the last time after swimming a great race.

This day in history is a busy day in my photo archives. I have lots of post-birthday photos. On this day in 2005, Rick's dad met Lila for the first time.

On this day in 2007, Lila had her first lollipop, but didn't know what it was or how to eat it.

On this day in 2008, Lila sported all of her new Fancy Nancy dress up clothes.

On this day in 2009, Nellie sported Lila's new birthday galoshes.


No comments:

Post a Comment