Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26 - 5 years and 364 days old

We had Rick's family over to celebrate Lila's birthday today. This morning, she helped me decorate her strawberry cake with strawberry filling and strawberry icing. I couldn't keep her out of the icing of course.

Blowing out the candles!

After cake, her cousin Jordan, the equestrian expert in the family, read her a book about horseback riding.

Nellie wasn't sure how to deal with her favorite seat being taken by Lucy. When my mom is around, Nellie is always glued to her.

Lila with Rick's dad.

On this day in 2006, we celebrated Lila's first birthday. She was very skeptical of the event. When she finally tried the cake, she still wasn't sure what to think.

Her favorite gift was a scrap of wrapping paper.

On this day in 2007, Lila did a little skinny dipping in a float in Junebug's pool.

On this day in 2009, we celebrated Lila's 4th birthday party at our pool with our friends. This was also the first time I used fondant to decorate a cake. Hours and hours of my life went into making those princesses.

Her favorite gift that year was her "sharmonica."

I put so much effort into making this cake, but the destruction amused me greatly. The chunky princesses with bites out of them really cracks me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment