Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 30 - Wild Animal Safari

Today we went to Wild Animal Safari in Pine Mountain, GA with our friends the Richters. We got to see lots of exotic animals up close, and it was perfect sunny day in the mid 70s. Here's a family shot in front of the zebra van we drove through the park.

The tour started off with a bang. This giraffe was our first encounter. It was so huge and so close that I couldn't even get its whole head in the shot as it was reaching in the van for a treat.

This zebra was quite aggressive. I like how this shot looks like it is trying to eat Lucy.

I'm easily amused by photos where it looks like my baby is about to be eaten. Here's another one.

This is Ellary feeding a giant cow thing. The bovines had the most horrendous breath. Poor, pregnant Monique's gag reflex was triggered quite a few times by the smell.

After the driving tour we picnicked and played a bit. L to R: Ellary, Lila, Nellie, and Shila.

After lunch, we toured the walking portion of the park. The baby giraffe was the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

And because I just can't resist one more shot of Lucy being eaten by a wild animal (photo by Monique). Cruel, I know.

In 2006, Lila napped in Rick's arms. This is one of my favorite photos.

On this day in 2010, we were at the Hearn's house with the Richters, but I don't remember why.

No comments:

Post a Comment