Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 16 - Lords and Ladies

We went to the Georgia Renaissance Festival with Rick's brother and his family today. The girls love spending time with their cousins, and the weather was perfect. We had fun people watching and checking out all of the cool costumes and characters. I always make fun of the whole affair for being such a dorkfest, but I love it and am a card-carrying member of the dork club myself.


Lila and I wore matching ponytails today. I know there will be a day that this will horrify her rather than delight her, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

The Ren Fest abounds with busty, corseted women. I was sitting on a bench by this corset shop today nursing Lucy when someone made a snide remark to me to cover up with a blanket. I doubt she was bothered by the breasts that abounded all around, but how dare I use mine to feed my baby! I'm a committed lactivist and have been openly nursing in public for about 6 years, and this was the first time anyone has ever been anything but kind or indifferent when I've nursed my children. It made me sad to think about how undermining that could have been if she said something like that to a mom struggling and nervous with breastfeeding in public. What a jerk!

Lila and Nellie enjoying some musicians.

Playing with guns.

Later that evening, we went to our friend Miriam's birthday celebration. She had a bonfire party, but I think the kids had more fun in the hammock than with with the fire.

They burned their Christmas tree which made for some giant flames.

On the topic of nursing babies, on this day in 2007, Lila boldly nursed her doll in the bathtub.

No comments:

Post a Comment