Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 14 - Gridlock

It felt like we spent the entire day in the car today. Lila has violin class on Thursday afternoons and her teacher lives about 5 miles from our house. We usually allow about 15 minutes to get there. Today, it took us 30 minutes to get there and over 2 hours to get home. Traffic the week after spring break is crazy around here. This is the street we have to turn on to get out of our neighborhood.

I took this shot of the girls once we got home. I can't believe Lila is still smiling. At least, Nellie got a nice nap in.

Lucy, on the other hand, cried pretty much the entire time. It was awful.

We enjoyed a nice dinner on the patio and were able to unwind and enjoy the beautiful spring evening. Note how Blue and Junebug are stalking the dinner table.

I stayed outside until night fell playing with settings on my camera. I took this photo of Blue with no flash after dark. I was amazed at how crisp it turned out in such low light.

On this day in 2006, Lila was 9 months old. I just pulled this dress out of storage for Lucy the other day.

In 2007, we were at the La Leche League of Georgia conference at Unicoi State Lodge. My super awesome midwives were at the conference. Lila is being held by Debbie who caught her when she was born.

On this day in 2010, we played in the fountains at Centennial Olympic Park after visiting the Children's Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment