Friday, April 22, 2011

April 22 - Good Friday

Rick woke up sick and feverish this morning, so the girls and I sadly left him at home and headed out to my parents' house for Easter weekend without him. I was nervous about how Lucy would handle the trip, but it ended up being a smooth ride. Here she is with my dad after we arrived.

We also got the treat of seeing my great-aunt Janie this afternoon. Janie is my grandfather Summers' sister. Lucy Jane's middle name is a nod to the line of Janes on both sides of our family, so it was special for her to get to meet the only one still living that shares her name.

My mom's new batch of chicks is feathering up nicely and getting closer to providing us with yummy eggs.

Sunsets are always magnificent on the farm.

My mom on her porch swing with the grandkids. This is a great place to watch the sunsets and soothe fussy babies.

On this day in 2006, we flew back to Atlanta from Las Vegas. Here is Lila on the plane.

On this day in 2009, Rick and the girls got some lap time in the new green room.

No comments:

Post a Comment