Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7 - Atlanta Botanical Gardens

Today we met up with some of our friends at the Botanical Gardens. It was a little crowded due to spring break, but we had a great day. The tulips were huge!

So are my kids!



We had a long, hot day, and when everyone else left, Lila and Nellie were ready to go too, but we hadn't seen the orchids yet. They're the best part of the Botanical Gardens, so I had to drag 3 protesting children to the orchid house. They baby cried and the big girls whined most of the time, but it was still absolutely stunning to walk through. I think I could spend the whole day in there. It is simply amazing to see the thousands and thousands of blooms of these exotic flowers. It's hard to pare it down to just a few shots, but here are some of my favorites.




In contrast to today, this day in 2009 was apparently cold and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment