Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8 - Mother's Day

This was a special Mother's Day for me. It was my first time celebrating as a mother of three, and I got the special treat of having my own mother here! My mom came to town yesterday and will be here for a whole week doing some user training on her fancy new serger and embroidery machines. A whole week of Goggy love is my children's dream come true! And mine!

To treat Goggy for Mother's Day, my sister Miriam and I decided to take her to brunch at The Flying Biscuit. Of course, going out for brunch at one of Atlanta's favorite brunch spots on Mother's Day is a hectic undertaking, but we waited it out and had a lovely meal. Lila and Nellie insisted that my mom ride between them in my van. That spot is such a tight squeeze, but she's such a good sport!

My sweet mama and my sweet baby sharing a sweet moment together. Sweet. You can really see Lucy's red hair in this shot.

My mother isn't much on sitting around and being honored and adored, so she built me a garden for my own Mother's Day treat. Nellie helped with her pink butterfly hoe.

Later this afternoon, Mom went to Miriam's for the evening, so Rick and the girls and I took our two cars to the carwash for their annual cleaning. We enjoyed some yummy frozen yogurt at the auto spa while we waited on our cars to get washed. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of my sparkly fresh van! It hasn't been this clean since it was new.

On this day in 2010, Rick's brother's family and his dad came over and we celebrated Rick's graduation from grad school at Georgia Tech. Here are Lila, Nellie, Drake, and Jordan all lined up.

Here is Rick with the cake I made for him.

On this day in 2009, we went strawberry picking with my friend JoAnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment